What does it take to become successful when entering the Latin American Market? Based on our experience, your success start with a methodological approach that includes a sequence of steps that we call our “Steps to Success”
Step 1: Company intake
After an initial contact by e-mail, phone, Skype or a personal meeting, we will send you a “Company Intake Form”, including various questions about your expectations of the Latin American Markets for your company´s products or services. This will be followed by an extensive personal interview, during which we will fully comprehend your expectations and ideas of your business in Latin America. Based on this we will provide you with a customized proposal.
Step 2: Market scan per country
During a feasibility study, we provide the client with a report, generally describing the following chapters:
- General country information
- Competition scan to better comprehend client´s opportunities
- Search for specific regulations:
- Import regulations and tariffs
- Regulation on packaging
- Cultural habits related to the product
Step 3: Market analysis per country
In our Market Analysis we provide our client with a more extensive report dealing with issues, like:
- Target group analysis
- Distribution analysis
- Competition analysis
- Price analysis
- Report on results, including recommendations
Step 4: Partner selection
A strong local network is essential on the way to success; Know Whom is of equal importance as Know How. Depending on the business model of your choice, we provide you with the right local party for the introduction and commercialization of your products or services, whether it is a distributor, reseller, importer, final client, marketing agency, etc.
Step 5: Local presence
Based on your preferences Access Latin America is able to help you find the adequate form of local presence.
After the completion of a market analysis and having you introduced in the local market, we have become your eyes and ears on the Latin American market and can therefore act as your local representative. We can provide your company with local presence, including an office facility and the required staff. Different business models, depending on your requirements can be applied. Access Latin America provides services, like:
- A (virtual) office with a phone number and multilingual staff.
- Trained sales personnel to visit clients.
- Assistance with import/export.
b. a local subsidiary
Once a company starts having success in the Latin American region, it can be a logical step to set up a local subsidiary in Latin America. We have broad experience together with our partner companies in helping your company, with:
- Setting up the most convenient legal structure of your choice and dealing with other legal issues such as brand and trademark registration, Labour Law and Customs Regulation, among others.
- Setting up your local infrastructure like an office, a production facility or a distribution centre.